Friday, February 24, 2006


Abigail Adams, wife of the 2nd President of the United States and mother to the 6th, once encouraged her grandsons to keep diaries of their travels overseas. She said that if they did not keep a written record of their journeys through other countries, their trips would not be much better than that of the birds that pass over head and then are gone.

Many of us today remember our journeys not through diaries but through our photographs, videos, and souvenirs. While the photographs capture the memories of what we saw, they may fail to capture what we felt at those moments.

Several years ago, when I began traveling on business, I began to supplement by photographs with written journals of my thoughts and experiences in the new lands I visited.

These are my experiences of what in the world God has shown me on my business trips, and vacations with my wife, Cindy.

No comments: