Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday of Passion Week

Tuesday of Passion Week:  “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity. Outwardly you look like righteous people, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness.” (Matthew 23:27-28)

In June of 2017, we visited the southern steps of the Temple Mount which date to the time of Jesus the Messiah. It is very likely Jesus walked these steps and taught from these steps.

From these steps, you can see across the valley to the slopes of the Mount of Olives. Now, as then, covered with tombs and graves.

It doesn’t take much effort to visualize Jesus gesturing across the valley as he spoke these words.

But the more difficult and challenging effort is to look at my life and into my heart to see if they are aligned. Is my life a life that gives glory to my Lord, and is my heart as dedicated to my Father as I want my life to be?  I want what is inside of me to give as much glory to God as what others can see.




No comments: