Friday, June 1, 2018

Israel - The Sea 6/1/2017

This was a new experience for me.  One year ago, we were flying over the Mediterranean Sea on our way to the Holy Land.  But even from the air, the past was clearly visible.  The harbor near the ancient city of Perga, where Paul once sailed to, and where John Mark left for home.  The isle of Cyprus and the coastline of Paphos where Paul preached the Good News of Jesus to the proconsul.  And as we landed in Israel, watching the sun set over this ancient land.  


The next morning, I was sitting on our balcony, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, hearing the waves and the sounds of voices speaking and praying in the languages of the Holy Land.  All while I was reading God's words.  All of the sounds around me, and I hear His voice, too.  


"The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea.

The God of glory thunders.

The Lord thunders over the mighty sea." (Psalms 29:3)






No comments: